Dr. John Heng
Assistant Head of School
School of Postgraduate Studies
Dr John Heng is currently the Assistant Head of School of Postgraduate Studies at PSB Academy. He has more than 25 years’ experience in the areas of supply chain management and integrated logistics management.
Dr Heng completed his Professional Doctorate in 2010. As part of the project entitled “Integrating Beyond Buyer-Seller Interfaces and their Effect on Overall Performance”, Dr Heng coined two new terms - Directional Supply Chain Management (DSCM) and Common Logistics Service Provider (CLSP). He also holds a Master degree in Logistics Management from Curtin University of Technology.
He lectures subjects in Supply Chain and Logistics Management, Strategic Management and General Management. His research interests lie in the field of supply chain and integrated logistics management. Aside from his responsibilities in teaching and research, Dr Heng contributes as a member of the Examination Board at PSB Academy.
- Professional Doctorate, Central Queensland University, 2010
- Master of Business (Logistic Management), Curtin University of Technology, Australia, 1997
- Bachelor of Science, University of Oregon, USA, 1984
- Assistant Head of School, 2017 - present
- Senior Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2012 – 2016
- Associate Lecturer, Singapore Institute of Materials Management, 2000 – 2012
- Associate Lecturer, Curtin University’s Overseas Programs in Hong Kong, 2005 – 2010
- Associate Lecturer, MDIS, 2005 – 2006
- Lecturer, Curtin University of Technology, 1999 – 2000
- Lecturer, Singapore Institute of Materials Management, 1997 – 1999
- “Development of a Directional Supply Chain Management Framework: A Case from the Semiconductor Manufacturing’’ (with B.L. Tan and X.M. Huang), Journal of Management and Training for Industries, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 19-40 (2015).
- “An integrated Supply Chain and Logistics System”. Paper presented at the IRMA International Conference (2005).