Dr. Melissa Liow
Assistant Head of School
School of Business and Management
Dr Melissa Liow Li Sa is currently the Assistant Head of School of Business and Management at PSB Academy. Dr Liow graduated with a Bachelor of Business Degree from University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Masters in Business Administration from University of Wales (UOW) and PhD in Business from International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW).
Dr Liow has taught subjects in Marketing, Human Resource Management, and Tourism and Hospitality Management. Her research interests lie in the field of tourism entrepreneurship. Aside from her responsibilities in teaching and research, Dr Liow contributes as the Program Leader for the Hospitality and Tourism programmes at PSB Academy. She also serves as member of the Examination Board at PSB Academy.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Business, International University Malaya-Wales, 2017
- Masters in Business Administration, University of Wales, 2011
- Bachelor of Business, University of Technology, 1997
- Lecturer, PSB Academy, 2012 – Present
- Lecturer, Informatics Academy, Jun 2008 – Mar 2012
- Lecturer, MDIS, Dec 2006 – Jun 2008
- Front Office Manager, Impiana KLCC Hotel & Spa, Jun 2006 – Aug 2006
- Front Office Manager, Pulai Spring Resort Hotel, Dec 2004 – May 2006
- Front Office Manager, New York Hotel, Dec 2003 – Dec 2004
- "Strategic Entrepreneurship and Performance of Small and Medium Enterprises of Malaysia" (with Yeow, K. C.), The International Journal & Business Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 116-122 (2016).
- "A Pilot Study on the Success Factors for Small and Medium Accommodation Enterprises in Malaysia: An Exploratory Factor Analysis Approach" (with Yeow, K.C.), The International Journal & Business Management, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 65-68 (2016).
- "A Survey of Success Factors of Business Performance for Small and Medium Enterprises in the Malaysian Accommodation Industry" (with Yeow, K.C.), The International Journal & Business Management, Vol. 3, No. 5, pp. 309-314 (2015).
- "Performance Measurable, in the Accommodation Industry: A Dilemma and Beyond", The International Journal & Business Management (with Yeow, K.C.), Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 99-110 (2015).
- "Knowledge Creation Process: Evidence from the Accommodation Industry" (with Yeow, K.C.), The International Journal & Business Management, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 303-313 (2015).
- "Investigating customer orientation impact upon business performance and competitive advantage: Evidence from the accommodation industry" (with Yeow, K.C.), International Journal of Economic Perspectives, Vol. 9, No. 3., pp. 33-46 (2015).