Dr. Liau Vui Kien
Dr Liau Vui Kien is currently Associate Dean (International) of PSB Academy, Head of School of Engineering and Technology, and the Chairman of PSB Academy’s Examination and Award Board. He provides leadership, strategic and operational management in relation to international activity in the context of PSB Academy’s Strategic Plan, and have experience in developing international academic partnerships.
Dr Liau graduated with a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (Hons) and Doctor of Philosophy degree from University of Liverpool. He has academic and industrial work experience in different countries, including UK, China, Korea, Malaysia and Singapore. He is a chartered engineer, and is/was registered lecturer of a number UK/Australia Universities, e.g. University of Liverpool, Coventry University, University of Nottingham, Newcastle University (Australia), Portsmouth University etc. He has extensive experience in the development of new engineering programmes and related quality assurance processes within the academic environment.
In addition, Dr Liau is active in many professional bodies such as faculty advisor for IET-PSB On Campus and IEEE-HKN Region 10 Taskforce Committee. He was also the President of Malaysian Invention and Design Society (Young section).
- Doctor of Philosophy, University of Liverpool, UK, 2004
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) 1st class, University of Liverpool, UK, 2000
- Chartered Engineer (CEng), 2016
- Head of School, PSB Academy, 2016 - present
- Head of Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, UCSI University (Malaysia), 2014-2015
- Faculty advisor of IEEE-HKN (Mu Alpha chapter) Malaysia, 2015
- Senior Lecturer, APU University (Malaysia), 2014
- Senior Lecturer, Multimedia University (Malaysia), 2012-2013
- Lecturer, Xi’an Jiaotong Liverpool University (China), 2007-2011
- Research Engineer, Korean Electrotechnology Research Institute, 2005-2006
- Committee, IET Malaysia Local Network, 2014-2016
- President, Malaysian Invention and Design Society (Young Section), 2014 - 2015
- Executive Board Member for Society of Convergence and Integrated Research (SCIR), Korea, 2014-2015
- V K Liau, B Y Lee, K D Song and K Y Park, "Computational Investigation of Arcing Phenomena in 245kV Hybrid Circuit Breaker", Jap. J. Appl. Phys.(JJap). 46, 2007, 1674.
- V K Liau, B Y Lee, K D Song and K Y Park, "The Influence of Contact Erosion on SF6 Arc", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 39, 2006, 2114.
- V K Liau, M T C Fang, J D Yan and A I Al-Shamma’a, "A Two-temperature Model for a Microwave Generated Argon Plasma Jet at Atmospheric Pressure", J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys. 36, 2003, 2774.