Bachelor of Arts with Honours in Media and Communications
This programme is developed to address the rapid shift to forms of employment within the cultural and media industries based around complex, convergent and new digital media configurations. Both in its curriculum and modes of study, learning and assessment, the course addresses patterns of cultural and media production and consumption prevalent with the contemporary workplace, developing in students a wide range of skills, transferrable knowledge and practical competences which allow them to thrive in the relevant and current fields of employment.
- Advertising and Marketing
- Public Relations
- Publishing, etc
- Top 12 University in the UK
(Guardian University Guide 2018)
- Awarded Gold for Outstanding Teaching and Learning
(Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- UK's Top Modern University
(Complete University Guide 2018)
- Top 200 Young University in the World
(Times Higher Education Young University Rankings 2017)
- University of the Year
(Times Higher Education Awards 2015)
Students automatically become student members of The PSB Academy Student Chapter of Institute of Public Relations of Singapore (IPRS).
The programme can be completed between 16* and 28 months for both full-time and part-time pathways.
*Advanced standing may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas.
Students will undertake 12 modules, which will be delivered over four trimesters.
Each academic year is divided into three trimesters commencing March, July and November.
Mode of Assessment
Assessment for this programme may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
• Understanding Media Configurations
• Critical Media Methods
• Media, Culture and the Creative Industries
• Postdigital Regions: Space and Place
• Placing Popular Culture
• Reflecting on Creative Practice
• Academic Writing for Arts and Humanities
• Thinking Media Configurations
• Planning for Professional Experience
• Academic Writing 2: Developing Skills in Academic Writing
• Postdigital Nations: Systems and Networks
• Careers in the Media
• Public Relations and Social Media
• Engaging with Media Configurations
• Research Design
• Postdigital Worlds
• Academic Writing 3: Writing Skills for Dissertation and Research Project
Mode of Delivery
Requirements for Graduation
Upon successful completion of all required modules.
March, July, November
Local Student Admission
● GCE A Levels (3 A-level passes which must include a business-related subject such as Business, Economics, and Mathematics or similar); OR
● Polytechnic diploma in Media and Communications-related fields; OR
● Completion of Diploma in Media and Communications from PSB Academy; OR
● Diploma/Advanced Diploma from private institutions
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements will be assessed on a case by case basis
English Language Requirement
● English Language at GCE ‘O’ levels at grade C or above; OR
● IELTS of 6.0 in overall; OR
● Completion of PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency Advanced Leve
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
English Language Requirement
- Applicants should either possess a diploma from a recognised institution where English is the sole medium of instruction; or
- IELTS of 6.0 in overall; or
- Completion of PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency Advanced Level
|Per Module||Per Year|
- All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
- Programme fee excludes textbooks
- Click here to view other charges for students
- Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please bring along the required documents below to come to our admission office @ PSB Academy City Campus (Marina Square) to register during our operating hours (Weekdays: 9am to 7pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm)
- 1 x passport-size photo (hardcopy or JPEG softcopy)
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of all post-secondary/tertiary certificates and transcripts
- Non-refundable application fee of $107
Payment Modes Accepted:
Admissions Office: Cash | Cheque | NETS | Debit Card | Credit Card
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.