Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality and Tourism Management (Top-up)
Edinburgh Napier University
This programme is designed for students who wish to pursue a career in the hospitality and tourism industries. Graduates will understand that the customer is at the heart of any hospitality or tourism business. Focusing on both domestic and international markets, the programme provides an applied understanding of the theories and concepts of hospitality and tourism management, and general business and management disciplines. It has been designed to develop students’ critical, analytical, evaluative and reflective abilities alongside their interpersonal and communication skills.
This programme will enable students to combine the study of hospitality management with tourism management and effectively apply theory to practical situations. Students will also learn practical and transferrable skills in research, academic writing, communication and interpersonal relations, presentation and time management.
• Tourism and Hospitality
• Events Management
• Guest Relations
• Customer Relationship, etc
- 92% Research Internationally Recognised
(Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- Top 180 University for International Outlook
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2018)
- Rated 5 Stars for Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation
(QS Stars 2018)
Institute of Hospitality
This programme is accredited in Edinburgh Napier University by the Institute of Hospitality.
The Institute of Hospitality is a professional body for aspiring managers working and studying in the hospitality, leisure and tourism industry. Its reputation as an organisation promoting quality standards and education has grown in its 70-year history and now, has membership spanning more than 100 countries around the globe.
Members of the Institute of Hospitality will benefit in their professional and career development, whilst the Institute continues to improve and promote industry and management standards into the 21st century. Student can also benefit from having access to the Institute’s online learning resources.
This programme can be completed between 16* and 28 months.
This programme can be completed between 24* and 40 months.
*Advanced standing may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas.
Students will be required to complete the following:
- 6 modules each in Year 2 and 3
|Full-Time||Year 2||Year 3|
|No. of modules||3||3||3||3|
|Part-Time||Year 2||Year 3|
|No. of modules||2||2||2||2||2||2|
Mode of Assessment
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Year 2 (Level 8)
• Business Management Challenges
• Customer Service and Care
• Facilities Planning for Hospitality, Tourism and Events
• The Study of Food and Wine
• Tourism Impacts
• Visitor Attraction Management
Year 3 (Level 9)
• International Tourism Policy and Planning
• Hospitality Business Development
• Service Management
• Transport for Tourism
• Sports Event Tourism
• Hospitality Supervision and Training Skills
Honours (Level 10)
• Contemporary Issues and Directions for Hospitality, Tourism and Events
• International Hospitality
• International Destination Management
• Leadership and Innovation for Tourism, Hospitality and Events
Mode of Delivery
Requirements for Graduation
Upon successful completion of all required modules.
March, July, October
Local Student Admission
Entry to Year 2
- Entry to Year 2 (Level 8) may be granted to a PSB Academy Diploma in Tourism and Hospitality Management / Diploma in Business Administration or other PEI Diploma in related discipline equivalent.
- Duration to complete BA program will be 16 months (Full Time) or 24 months (Part Time)
Entry to Year 3
- Entry to Year 3 (Level 9) may be granted to a local polytechnic Diploma, Advanced diploma or equivalent in a related H&T discipline including Business discipline
- Duration to complete BA program will be 8 months (Full Time) or 12 months (Part Time)
English Proficiency Level
- GCE O-level English (Grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; or
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5; or
- PSB Academy's Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
All applications are subject to approval by Edinburgh Napier University.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
|Per Module||Per Year|
- All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
- Programme fee excludes textbooks
- Click here to view other charges for students
- Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please bring along the required documents below to come to our admission office @ PSB Academy City Campus (Marina Square) to register during our operating hours (Weekdays: 9am to 7pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm)
- 1 x passport-size photo (hardcopy or JPEG softcopy)
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of all post-secondary/tertiary certificates and transcripts
- Non-refundable application fee of $107
Payment Modes Accepted:
Admissions Office: Cash | Cheque | NETS | Debit Card | Credit Card
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.