Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
This Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced) programme aims to develop your accuracy, facility and fluency in the appropriate use of English. You will learn speaking and listening skills at an advanced level, equipped for undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
At the end of the programme, students will be able to:
- Understand formal and informal conversations or commentary on topics in academic and non-academic contexts
- Be equipped with the knowledge of academic vocabulary
- Correctly use reference materials, following appropriate academic conventions
- Identify and create appropriate text types required for an academic task
The programme can be completed within 3 months.
This programme amounts to a total of 230 contact hours for the full-time pathway.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
Speaking and Listening
You will learn speaking and listening skills at an advanced level, equipped for undergraduate and postgraduate studies:
- express ideas and thoughts in small group discussion in tutorial settings
- prepare and deliver oral presentations
- extract main and supporting information from a formal lecture presentation
- understand formal and informal conversations or commentary on topics in academic and non-academic contexts
You will be equipped with academic vocabulary and gain understanding of the structure and discourse of text:
- be equipped with the knowledge of academic vocabulary
- demonstrate understanding of the structure and discourse of texts by extracting the relevant information and presenting them orally or in written form
- read and comprehend articles of both academic and general interest
You will will be trained to write a range of complex sentences, correctly paraphrase and use references and produce research reports:
- correctly use reference materials, following appropriate academic conventions
- identify and create appropriate text types required for an academic task
- plan, research and write research reports
paraphrase for referencing
- write a range of complex sentences with a degree of grammatical accuracy
Full-time: January, April, July, October
Maximum Candidature Period
Full-Time: 6 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
International Student Admission
The minimum admission requirements for International Student Admission:
- Certificate in English Proficiency Level 5; or
- IELTS 5.5 with no sub-band less than 5.0
- For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Programme Fees (International Admissions): $3,210.00*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme Fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students