Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Exercise and Fitness) (PT)
The Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Exercise and Fitness) is designed to meet an increasing demand and need for health, exercise and fitness practitioners to help improve the health and fitness levels of health-conscious individuals, gym members, and corporate clients. Students pursuing this programme can expect to be industry ready and relevant through a rigorous programme aimed at equipping them with practical knowledge on sport and exercise sciences, personal training and the management of lifestyle and weight.
Students pursuing this programme can expect to be adequately and rigorously trained in functional anatomy, nutrition, psychology, sport coaching, and analysis of skills. Students will also be equipped to be industry ready and relevant through a rigorous programme aimed at imparting practical knowledge on sport and exercise sciences, personal training and the management of lifestyle and weight.
* This diploma does not articulate to a degree programme within PSB Academy.
- To provide students with core knowledge on subjects related to sports and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, and strength and conditioning;
- To apply the above knowledge toward developing skills in personal training and lifestyle/weight management;
- To equip students with hands on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects;
- To prepare students for the award of the qualification of the Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Exercise & Fitness) / Specialist Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Exercise & Fitness)
Sport Coaches who wish to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge pertaining to the sport, exercise and leisure industry
- Acquire practical and theoretical knowledge in sport and exercise sciences
- Acquire competency in Personal Training and Lifestyle & Weight Management
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Understand the core knowledge on subjects related to sport and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, and strength and conditioning
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in personal training and lifestyle/weight management
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- Be equipped with valuable hands-on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects.
This diploma is accredited by the International Sports Professionals Association (ISPA) - the largest international accreditation body for professionals serving athletes and athletic communities worldwide. The ISPA is also a specialty certification authority best known for the creation of the first and only certification for healthcare providers whom treat and rehabilitate patients of workers' compensation (CWcHP).
The ISPA Accreditation signifies PSB Academy's commitment to provide education at the highest possible standards & practices. Students graduating from this ISPA-accredited programme are rewarded with an excellent credential for professional and career development.
The programme is delivered over 12 months for the part-time pathway.
This programme consists of 8 modules amounting to 240 contact hours.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations. Students learn through a combination of lectures, tutorials, case studies, discussions, role-plays, quizzes and hands-on practice sessions.
- Professional Studies
- Functional Anatomy
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Principles of Weight Training
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- Methods of Group Exercise Instruction
- Physical Fitness and Wellness
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Part-time: January, April, July, October
Part-Time: 240 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Part-Time: 24 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy Delta Campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- 2 GCE 'O' level passes or equivalent; or
- 3 GCE 'N' level passes or equivalent; or
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years work experience); or
- Candidates with other qualifications will be considered as case-by-case basis.
Total Programme Fee (Part-time Pathway): S$6,163.20*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
If you require assistance, please speak with our Programme Consultants:
(Sports and Exercise Science)