Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching) (PT)
The Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching) is targeted at sport science and coaching practitioners who are focused on skill development and high-performance sports. Students pursuing this programme can expect to be adequately and rigorously trained in functional anatomy, nutrition, psychology, sport coaching, and analysis of skills, among other modules.
- To provide students with core knowledge on subjects related to sports and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, physiology, and strength and conditioning;
- To apply the above knowledge toward developing skills in the principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- To equip students with hands on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects;
- To prepare students for the award of the qualification of the Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching)
Sport Coaches who wish to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge pertaining to the sport, exercise and leisure industry
- Acquire practical and theoretical knowledge in sport and exercise sciences
- Acquire competency in Principles of Coaching and Analysis of Skills
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Understand the core knowledge on subjects related to sport and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, and strength and conditioning
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in personal training and lifestyle/weight management
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- Be equipped with valuable hands-on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects.
This diploma is accredited by the International Sports Professional Associations (ISPA) - the largest international accreditation body for professionals serving athletes and athletic communities worldwide. The ISPA is also a specialty certification authority best known for the creation of the first and only certification for healthcare providers whom treat and rehabilitate patients of workers' compensation (CWcHP).
The ISPA Accreditation signifies PSB Academy's commitment to provide education at the highest possible standards & practices. Students graduating from this ISPA-accredited programme are rewarded with an excellent credential for professional and career development.
Full-fledged campus with well-equipped sports science lab.
The programme is delivered over 12 months for the part-time pathway.
This programme consists of 8 modules amounting to 240 contact hours.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations. Students learn through a combination of lectures, tutorials, case studies, discussions, role-plays, quizzes and hands-on practice sessions.
- Professional Studies
- Functional Anatomy
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Principles of Weight Training
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- Sport Coaching
- Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Part-time: January, April, July and October
Part-Time: 240 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Part-Time: 24 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy Delta Campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- 2 GCE 'O' level passes or equivalent; or
- 3 GCE 'N' level passes or equivalent; or
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years work experience); or
- Candidates with other qualifications will be considered as case-by-case basis; OR
- Candidates may also fulfil entry requirements via our IGCSE programme
English Proficiently Level
- GCE 'O' level English (grade 1 to 7) or equivalent; OR
- PSB Academy English Proficiency Test @40% (can be taken twice at lower mark 35%); OR
- WPLN Literacy Level 5; OR
- Post-Secondary Qualifications, where certified that English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- Professional Qualifications (ie: WSQ, LCCI, ACCA etc.)
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Total Programme Fee (Part-time Pathway): S$6,420.00*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
If you require assistance, please speak with our Programme Consultants:
DID: +65 639 09172