Diploma in Sport and Leisure Management (PT)
The Diploma in Sport and Leisure Management is designed for those who wish to focus on providing broad business, events management, marketing and support services to the sport and leisure industry. Students pursuing this programme will be equipped with practical knowledge on the sports and leisure landscape in Singapore, sports and leisure related management, planning and programming skills, as well as events and facility management, and marketing principles, among other modules. Upon completion, graduates will be well-suited for careers in the sport industry and leisure/tourism industry.
* This diploma does not articulate to a degree programme within PSB Academy.
- To provide students with core knowledge on sports & leisure tourism, events management, marketing, communication and service quality;
- To apply the above knowledge toward developing skills in project management and support services;
- To equip students with hands on and industry experience through quality practicum and supervised projects;
- To prepare students for the award of the qualification of the Diploma in Sport & Leisure Management / Specialist Diploma in Sport & Leisure Management
Sport Professionals who wish to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge pertaining to the sport, exercise and leisure industry in Singapore
- Acquire practical and theoretical knowledge pertaining to sport and leisure management
- Acquire competent business management, marketing and service quality
The programme is delivered over 12 months for the part-time pathway.
This programme consists of 8 modules amounting to 240 contact hours.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations. Students learn through a combination of lectures, tutorials, case studies, discussions, role-plays, quizzes and hands-on practice sessions.
- Professional Studies
- Introduction to Recreation and Leisure
- Principles of Sport and Leisure Management
- Leisure Programme Planning and Delivery
- Sport and Leisure Marketing
- Health and Fitness Management
- Sport and Leisure Facility Management
- Recreation, Event and Tourism Businesses
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Part-time: July, October
Part-Time: 240 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Part-Time: 24 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy Delta Campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- 2 GCE 'O' level passes or equivalent; or
- 3 GCE 'N' level passes or equivalent; or
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years work experience); or
- Candidates with other qualifications will be considered as case-by-case basis.
English Language Requirement
- GCE O-level English (Grade 1 to 7) or its equivalent
Total Programme Fee (Part-time Pathway): S$6,420.00*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.