Postgraduate Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management
About the Course
The programme offers a practical, theory-informed, qualification that equips students to be employed in Supply & Value chain management roles.
Course Learning Outcomes
Students of the Postgraduate Diploma in Global Logistics and Supply Chain Management will be able to:
- Extrapolate performance in all aspects of logistics (e.g. transport, warehousing, procurement, customer service, demand planning, inventory management, etc.) & deduce opportunities for cost reduction or improved service
- Analyse & evaluate business situations, identify Supply & Value chain issues & explain solutions in a logical manner
- Compile & access methods to optimize product flow within a supply chain
- Implement improved logistics processes within a specific organisation in a supply chain
- Demonstrate problem solving skills via the evaluation of supply chain systems from different perspectives
- Identify the likely supply chain management effects as a result of current trends & challenges facing various industries
- Appraise emerging sustainability, corporate & social responsibility initiatives & their impact on supply chain strategies
Upon successful completion of this programme, students with an average score of B+ and IELTS 6.5 (no band less than 6.0), are eligible for articulation entry to final year of the Master of Supply Chain Management programme, conducted at Massey University's campuses in New Zealand.
The programme can be completed within 12 months, full time.
This programme consists of 7 modules, amounting to a total of 231 contact hours.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
- Customer & Demand Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management Fundamentals
- Facilities Logistics
- Logistics & Supply Chain Strategic Considerations
- Procurement & Supply Management
- Transport Logistics
- Project in Logistics & Supply Chain Management
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
March 2018/September 2018
Full time: 231 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Full time: 12 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline; OR
- Candidates with other qualifications will be considered as case-by-case basis; OR
- Mature candidates (≥30 years old with 8 years of working experience)
- GCE 'O' level English (grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; or
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5; or
- PSB Academy’s Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.