Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical) (FT)
The University of Newcastle Australia
Electrical Engineering is a wide-ranging discipline as it includes the study of control and automation, power generation and distribution, telecommunication equipment, signal processing, and analogue and digital electronics.
As an electrical engineer, you will combine mathematics, science, technology and problem-solving skills to design, construct and maintain electrical products and services. Electrical engineering is a rapidly advancing area, and you will have the opportunity to work within challenging and exciting fields such as nano-technology, robotics and renewable energy.
This degree is fully accredited by Engineers Australia (EA).
- Top 224th University in the World
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Top 10 University in Australia
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Global Top 250 University
(Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017)
- 15 subjects ranked in the world's top 200
(QS World University Rankings by Subject 2018)
- A presence in Singapore since 2006 with full-time academic staff and a teaching and learning advisor based locally. More than 4,700 University of Newcastle graduates from 37 countries.
This degree is accredited by Engineers Australia as meeting the Washington Accord. Students can join Engineers Australia as a student member on entering this degree program, to gain access to various extracurricular activities. As an accredited program, our graduates are eligible for immediate graduate membership status with Engineers Australia, which is one main pathway to the increasingly required, national registration status (CPEng, RPEng) for engineering professionals. As a Washington Accord recognised program, graduates can enjoy a level of global mobility with automatic recognition of qualifications through participating Washington accord countries.
Industrial placements arm students with valuable hands-on training in real-world situations, granting them the opportunity to put classroom theory into practice. This is a vital tool for graduates as they enter the competitive engineering workforce, potentially giving them an edge in gaining employment and adapting to this fast-paced industry.
The UON Engineering degrees in Singapore prepares students with a compulsory 12 weeks of industrial placement in addition to academic studies. Students are allowed to source and negotiate their own work experience, subject to approval by the Faculty Board. The University provides students with the necessary support during the placement, while PSB Academy's Student Affairs team offers additional career guidance to ensure our students enjoy a seamless experience.
Some of the companies that our students have had their industrial placement include:
- ST Kinetics
- PUB Singapore
- Meinhardt (Singapore) Pte Ltd
- Robert Bosch (SEA) Pte Ltd
- Proctor & Gamble Europe SA Singapore Branch
- Land Transport Authority
- Tetra Pak Pte Ltd
As a graduate of this programme, you will be equipped to take advantage of career opportunities in the following professions:
- Renewable Energy
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Drive Systems
- Power Generation & Distribution
- Industrial Automation Systems
- Measurement & Sensing Systems
- Other career choices include utilities in the Industry & Manufacturing sectors, Consulting Services & Electronic Design & Development
This programme can be completed within 36 months.
This programme consists of 30 modules and 1 Final Year Engineering Project. Students can take up to 12 modules per academic year. Each academic year is divided into 3 trimesters.
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include laboratory assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
- Introduction to Professional Engineering
- Introduction to Procedural Programming
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology 1
- Advanced Physics 1
- Introduction to Electrical Engineering
- Mathematics for Engineering, Science and Technology 2
- Digital and Computer Electronics 1
- Advanced Physics 2
- Computer Engineering 2
- Calculus of Science and Engineering
- Circuits and Signals
- Quantum Mechanics and Semiconductor Physics
- Electric Energy Systems
- Electrical and Electronic Circuits
- Ethics, Technology and Engineering
- Engineering Mathematics
- Programmable Logic Design
- Automatic Control
- Electric Machines and Power Systems
- EPC Elective
- Digital and Computer Electronics 2
- Analog Electronics
- Signal Processing
- Electrical Systems
- Final Year Engineering Project Part A
- Electronics Design
- Analog and Digital Communications
- Electrical Engineering Design and Practice
- Final Year Engineering Project Part B
- Managing Engineering Projects
- EPC Elective
- Industrial Experience Placement
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence above and are subject to changes.
January, May and August
Local Student Admission
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- GCE A-Levels (minimum 3 subjects); OR
- A 3-year Diploma from a local Polytechnic or equivalent; OR
- Completion of the Diploma in Electrical Engineering Technology from PSB Academy; OR
- Other Diploma or equivalent qualification would be assessed on a case by case basis.
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants should either possess a diploma from a recognised institution where English is the sole medium of instruction; OR
- IELTS 6.0 (with no subbands below 6.0)
*Click here for more information on language proficiency.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Local / International Student
Course fees: From $35,887.67 (with exemptions)
Course fees: $69,426.74 (without exemptions)
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Course fees are payable in instalments
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
Early Bird Sign-Up Rebate
All non-STP applicants who formally submit their applications 2 months before course commencement date and accept their offer by making their first installment payment will be eligible for an early-bird sign-up rebate of 5% off their total course fees.
Step 1: Download application form
Application Form for Enrolment:
Step 2: Completed application forms should be submitted to PSB Academy accompanied by
- A non-refundable application fee to be made payable to 'PSB ACADEMY PTE LTD' by cheque or money order
- Certified true copies of transcripts and certificates
- Photocopy of NRIC / Passport
- For Master's degree programme application, please attach reference letters as per University's requirement.
For company-sponsored applicants:
- Payment must be made by company cheque.
- Please write applicant's name and NRIC, Programme Title and Programme Date on the reverse side of the cheque.
|Local Application Fee (Inclusive of 7% GST) with effect from 1st January 2018|
|Certificate and Diploma||S$64.20|
|Bachelor's and Master's Degree||S$107.00|
Click here to view Transfer, Withdrawal & Refund Policy
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.