Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
The University of Newcastle Australia
Electrical engineers are highly sought after by the industry for their specialised and professional skillsets in power generation and distribution, signal processing, and analogue and digital electronics. Electrical engineering is crucial in ensuring the smooth running of any developed nation and has become vital in countries trying to improve their capacity in new and emerging technologies.
The Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electrical Engineering is designed with an eye on industry requirements, complementing theoretical knowledge with hands-on experience to equip you for the challenges, while meeting requirements as a widely accepted electrical engineering qualification. The award may be conferred with Honours to high achieving students.
- Top 185th University in the World for Engineering & Technology
QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017
- Fully Accredited by Engineers Australia (EA)
Applicable only to:
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Electrical)
Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) (Mechanical)
- Top 224th University in the World
QS World University Rankings 2018
- Global Top 250 University
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017
- International Business School Accreditation by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
The Bachelor of Engineering programmes offered by The University of Newcastle, Australia (in conjunction with PSB Academy) are fully accredited by Engineers Australia (EA).
As a graduate of this programme, you will be equipped to take advantage of career opportunities in the following professions:
- Renewable Energy
- Biomedical Instrumentation
- Drive Systems
- Power Generation & Distribution
- Industrial Automation Systems
- Measurement & Sensing Systems
- Other career choices include utilities in the Industry & Manufacturing sectors, Consulting Services & Electronic Design & Development
This programme can be completed within 36 months with a maximum of 160 units of credit exemptions from relevant qualifications.
This programme consists of 29 modules and 1 Final Year Engineering Project. Students can take up to 12 modules per academic year. Each academic year is divided into 3 trimesters.
Students can opt to transfer and/ or complete their studies in Australia at any point during the study term. Student who transfers to Australia will be required to pay tuition fees applicable on-campus at the time of commencement at The University of Newcastle.
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include laboratory assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
|GENG1003||Introduction to Engineering Practice|
|PHYS1210||Advanced Physics 1|
|ELEC1300||Electrical Engineering I|
|GENG1003||Introduction to Procedural Programming|
|PHYS1220||Advanced Physics 2|
|ELEC2700||Computer Engineering 2|
|ELEC2400||Signals and Systems|
|MATH2310||Calculus of Science and Engineering|
|PHYS2170||Quantum Mechanics and Semiconductor Physics|
|ELEC2132||Electric Energy Systems|
|GENG3830||Engineering Project Management|
|ELEC3730||Programmable Logic Design|
|ELEC3540||Analog and Digital Communications|
|ELEC3130||Electric Machines and Power Systems|
|ELEC3850||Introduction to Electrical Engineering Design|
|PHIL3910||Ethics, Technology and Engineering|
|ELEC4840A||Final Year Engineering Project A|
|ELEC4840B||Final Year Engineering Project B|
|Industrial Experience Placement|
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence above and are subject to changes.
Full-Time: August every year
Duration of Lesson(s)
Full-Time: 1834 hours (average)
Maximum Candidature Period
Undergrad programme of 240 units: 8 years
Undergrad programme of 320 units: 10 years
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
Minimum Entry Requirements:
- GCE A-Levels (Min. 3 A-Level passes incl. Mathematics excl. General Paper) and meeting the minimum entry requirement of the programme; OR
- Diploma from a local Polytechnic or other recognized institutions; OR
- Completion of the Foundation Diploma in Engineering from PSB Academy; OR
- Other Diploma or equivalent qualification would be assessed on a case by case basis
Minimum Entry Requirement (Language Proficiency):
- IELTS 6.0 (with no subbands below 6.0)
- GCE’A’ - C pass in General Paper English
*Click here for more information on language proficiency.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Programme Fees: S$2,027.65 * (Per Module)
24-36 Months (20 to 32 Modules)
S$40,553* to S$64,884.80*
36 Months Programme (32 Modules)
PEI Diploma (Non-Engineering related)
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. For more information, please complete the Enquiry Form and we will be in touch with you soon.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.