Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) (PT)
University of Wollongong
Finance is about money and investments. People on their own in partnerships, companies and other entities (including government), have a common objective of profitable investment. What is a government secured bond? What is a share? Should we buy shares in a company or invest in government-secured bonds? How do you lower risk by using options or shares? These are questions answered using a knowledge of finance.
The programme is both rigorous and practical, with an emphasis on applications and real world financial management. It will give you the theoretical knowledge and tools of business finance that are demanded by employers in all sections of the world economy.
- Business Administration
- Equities Research, etc
- Top University in the New South Wales
(Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching 2017)
- Top 232nd University in the World
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Top 17th University Under 50 Years Old
(QS Top 50 Under 50 2018)
- Top 40 Asia-Pacific University
(Times Higher Education Asia-Pacific University Rankings 2017)
- Rated 5 Stars
(QS Stars 2018)
- Top 200 University in the World for Graduate Employability
(QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018)
Graduates of the course are eligible for membership of the following:
- Financial Services Institute of Australasia (FINSIA)
- Finance and Treasury Association (FTA)
This programme has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Programme. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programme(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Programme Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CPA exams. In addition, students are strongly recommended to complete the free online learning module, Ethics and Standards of Practice, available through the CFA Institute.
Offered on a part-time basis, this programme allows a direct Year 2 entry and possible completion in 24 months. Applicants must provide evidence of Year 1 equivalence prior to admissions.
University of Wollongong, Australia (UOW) has formal credit for prior learning arrangements with various local and overseas institutions, which may result in shorter duration and course fee reduction. Visit here for more information.
The programme consist of 16-18 modules and are jointly taught by both University of Wollongong faculty and local lecturers.
*Advanced standing credit may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas. The number of exemptions given will depend on the relevance of the qualification to the course of study.
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include assignments, tests, projects, and final examinations.
- Relevant PSB Academy Diploma; OR
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma; OR
- GCE 'A' Level passes or equivalent
English Proficiency Level
- IELTS Overall score of 6.0 (R)6.0 (W)6.0 (L)5.0 (S)5.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) Overall score of 79 (R)18 (W)20 (L)17 (S)16
- Or refer to http://www.uow.edu.au/future/international/apply/english/index.html
All applications are subject to approval by University of Wollongong.
Payable fee for 18-module programme: S$30,816 (S$1,712.00 per module)
Payable fee for 16-module programme: S$27,392.00
Payable fee for 12-module programme: S$20,544.00
- All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
- Programme fee excludes textbooks
- Click here to view other charges for students
- Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please bring along the required documents below to come to our admission office @ PSB Academy City Campus (Marina Square) to register during our operating hours (Weekdays: 9am to 7pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm)
- 1 x passport-size photo (hardcopy or JPEG softcopy)
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of all post-secondary/tertiary certificates and transcripts
- Non-refundable application fee of $107
Payment Modes Accepted:
Admissions Office: Cash | Cheque | NETS | Debit Card | Credit Card