Bachelor of Commerce (Finance)
University of Wollongong
Finance is about money and investments. People on their own and in partnerships, companies and other entities (including government), have a common objective of profitable investment. What is a government-secured bond? What is a share? Should we buy shares in a company or invest in government-secured bonds? How do you lower risk by using options or shares? These are the questions answered using knowledge of finance.
The programme is both rigorous and practical, with an emphasis on applications and real world financial management. It will give you the theoretical knowledge and tools of business finance that are demanded by employers in all sections of the world economy.
Maths, economics, statistics and accounting are all important foundations of finance and those who are good at maths are often also good at finance. Not all finance, however, is mathematical, and many people who work successfully in the field are not highly trained or proficient in maths.
- Business Administration
- Equities Research, etc
- Top University in the New South Wales
(Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching 2017)
- Top 232nd University in the World
(QS World University Rankings 2018)
- Top 17th University Under 50 Years Old
(QS Top 50 Under 50 2018)
- Top 40 Asia-Pacific University
(Times Higher Education Asia-Pacific University Rankings 2017)
- Rated 5 Stars
(QS Stars 2018)
- Top 200 University in the World for Graduate Employability
(QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2018)
Graduates of the course are eligible for membership of the following:
This programme has been accepted into the CFA Institute University Recognition Programme. This status is granted to institutions whose degree programme(s) incorporate at least 70% of the CFA Programme Candidate Body of Knowledge (CBOK), which provide students with a solid grounding in the CBOK and positions them well to sit for the CPA exams. In addition, students are strongly recommended to complete the free online learning module, Ethics and Standards of Practice, available through the CFA Institute.
This is an accelerated programme which allows a typical 3-year programme to be completed between 16* and 28 months.
University of Wollongong, Australia (UOW) has formal credit for prior learning arrangements with various local and overseas institutions, which may result in shorter duration and course fee reduction. Visit here for more information.
The programme consist of 24 modules and are jointly taught by both University of Wollongong faculty and local lecturers.
*Advanced standing credit may be granted for applicants with relevant diplomas/advanced diplomas. The number of exemptions given will depend on the relevance of the qualification to the course of study.
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include assignments, tests, projects, and final examinations.
• Accounting Fundamentals in Society
• Principles of Responsible Business
• Statistics for Business
• Economic Essentials for Business
• Introductory Principles of Finance
• Marketing Principles
• Introduction to Management
• Accounting in Organisations
• Integrative Business Capstone
• Financial Accounting IIA
• Applied Financial Modelling
• Corporate Finance
• Investment Analysis
• Financial Markets and Institutions
• Advanced Corporate Finance
• Portfolio Analysis
• International Finance
• Management and Electronic Business
• Strategic Management
• Organisational Behaviour
• Responsible Leadership
• Continuous Quality Improvement
• Management of Change
• Organisational Analysis
Note: Module offerings are subject to change by the University.
Mode of Delivery
Requirements for Graduation
Upon successful completion of all required modules.
January, May & August
- Relevant PSB Academy Diploma; OR
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma; OR
- GCE 'A' Level passes or equivalent
English Proficiency Level
- IELTS Overall score of 6.0 (R)6.0 (W)6.0 (L)5.0 (S)5.0
- TOEFL (Internet-based) Overall score of 79 (R)18 (W)20 (L)17 (S)16
- Or refer to http://www.uow.edu.au/future/international/apply/english/index.html
All applications are subject to approval by University of Wollongong.
International Student Admission
For more information on international students' entry requirements, please click here.
Total payable fee: S$41,088.00 (S$1,712.00 per module)
With 12-module exemption: S$20,544.00
With 8-module exemption: S$27,392.00
With 4-module exemption: S$34,240.00
- All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
- Programme fee excludes textbooks
- Click here to view other charges for students
- Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please bring along the required documents below to come to our admission office @ PSB Academy City Campus (Marina Square) to register during our operating hours (Weekdays: 9am to 7pm and Saturday: 9am to 5pm)
- 1 x passport-size photo (hardcopy or JPEG softcopy)
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of all post-secondary/tertiary certificates and transcripts
- Non-refundable application fee of $107
Payment Modes Accepted:
Admissions Office: Cash | Cheque | NETS | Debit Card | Credit Card
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.