Bachelor of Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (PT)
The University of Newcastle Australia
The FIRST bachelor degree programme in Singapore and in the region that encompasses both environmental and occupational health and safety (EOHS).
The modules offered in the programme range from science, laws and regulations, to management and practices. There exists a good balance of environmental, occupational health and safety and integrated EOHS courses.
Students will gain knowledge to enable on-the-job application based on the tailored Singaporean content, as the curriculum embraces the content of the Safety Officer Training Course (Ministry of Manpower) and the Environmental Control Officer Course (Ministry of Environment) and local EOHS laws.
At the same time, comparative studies and appreciation of international issues are facilitated through the courses on international management practices and perspectives.
- Top 224th University in the World (QS World University Rankings 2017/2018)
- Top 250 Universities in the World (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017)
- Top 185th University in the World for Engineering & Technology (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)
- Top 258th University in the World for Social Sciences & Management (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)
- International Accreditation of The University of Newcastle’s Business School by Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
- 5 Stars in Social Equity and Student Retention (The Good Universities Guide 2017)
- More than 4,000 Strong University of Newcastle-PSB Academy graduates from 39 countries
- Fully accredited by the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH), the world’s largest professional health and safety organisation.
- Recognised by the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) in its qualifying criteria as a requirement in applying to be a Workplace Safety & Health Officer (WSHO)
The programme can be completed within a minimum period of 2 years.
- This programme consists of 16 modules
- 3 trimesters in a year
- 2 to 3 modules taught over 1 trimester of 16 weeks
- Delivered by both university's faculty and local lecturers
- Approximately 40 contact hours per module delivered by both university's faculty and local lecturers
Assessment and Examination
Assessments may include laboratory assignments, tests, projects and final examinations.
|Year 2 Modules (arranged in alphabetical order)|
|ENVS2620||Bioscience for EOHS|
|ENVS2710||Environmental Control Practice|
|OHSE2640||Hygiene and Toxicology I|
|OHSE2720||Ergonomics for OHS|
|OHSE2740||EOHS Management I|
|Year 3 Modules (arranged in alphabetical order)|
|ENVS3610||Environmental Impact Assessment|
|ENVS3750||Industrial Ecology for EOHS|
|OHSE3620||Epidemiology and Environmental Health|
|OHSE3630||Hygiene and Toxicology II|
|OHSE3640||Research Methods in EOHS|
|OHSE3710||International Perspectives on EOHS|
|OHSE3740||Risk Assessment and Management|
Delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and subject to change.
Part-time: January, May and August
Part-Time: 634 hours (estimated)
Maximum Candidature Period
Undergrad programme of 240 units: 8 years
Undergrad programme of 320 units: 10 years
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- An approved 3 year Diploma in Science, Health Science or Engineering from a local Polytechnic or equivalent; OR
- An 18 month Diploma in Engineering from PSB Academy in Singapore, or equivalent with at least three years of relevant work experience;
(at least one of the above)
GCE’A’ - C pass in General Paper English;
IELTS 6.0 (with no subbands below 6.0)
Please refer to website: http://www.newcastle.edu.au/policy/000104.html#Schedule_1
(at least one of the above)
An applicant who wishes to enroll and does not speak English as a first language must demonstrate that they meet the University's English proficiency requirement. Details of this policy can be found here.
Note that all qualifications must be completed within eight years prior to commencement of the programme in order to be considered. Applicants with qualifications that are over eight years old, or with other relevant diploma qualifications may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis by the university.
All applicants who meet the admission criteria are granted exemption from the first year of the degree.
The below table lists further module exemptions for specified additional qualifications. Additional qualifications must have been completed within 8 years prior to commencing in this programme in order to be considered.
|Qualification / Training Certificate||Exemption|
|Environmental Control Officer Course||ENVS2710 Environmental Control Practice|
|WSQ Specialist Diploma in Workplace Safety and Health||OHSE2610 OHS Practice
OHSE2730 Occupational Safety
OHSE2740 EOHS Management I
OHSE3740 Risk Assessment and Management
Programme Fees: S$1,663.85* per module
Total programme fee: S$26,621.60* (16 Modules)
Applicants with following Qualification/Training Certifiate:
: S$24,957.75* (15 Modules)
: S$19,966.20* (12 Modules)
||: S$18,302.35* (11 Modules)|
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. For more information, please complete the Enquiry Form and we will be in touch with you soon.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.