Bachelor of Commerce (Marketing) (PT)
University of Wollongong
We witness Marketing at work in almost all aspects of our daily lives. How do consumers make decisions on the acquisition of products and services? What influences have an effect on consumers’ choices? How do businesses know what their customers want to buy and who they want to buy it from? How do businesses convince their customers to choose them over other providers?
This is the essence of Marketing - bringing consumers, products and services together. The study of Marketing provides one with knowledge and skills to generate products and services that define customers’ needs, and position them in the market with effective promotion, pricing and distribution strategies. It is also geared towards problem-solving and management decision making, where students learn how to analyse, plan, organise, motivate and control the marketing process.
- Number 1 University in New South Wales (Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching 2016)
- Top 12 Modern University in the World (QS Top 50 Under 50 Rankings 2016/2017)
- Top 200 University for Global Graduate Employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2017)
- Globally Ranked Top 218 University (QS World University Rankings 2016/2017)
- Globally Rated a Five-Star University (QS World University Rankings 2016)
- 98% of Research rated 'At', 'Above' or 'Well Above World Standard' (Excellence in Research for Australia 2015)
- Top 200 in the World for Business and Management Studies (QS World Rankings by Subject 2017)
Graduates of the course are eligible for membership of the following:
- Australian Marketing Institute (AMI)
- The Communication Council (TCC)
- Australian Market and Social Research Society (AMSRS)
This is a 2 year part-time programme.
This programme comprises of 16 modules which includes 8 major modules and 8 electives.
Note: Students may be required to undertake additional modules or bridging units if deemed necessary upon assessment by the University.
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subjected to change.
Part-time: January, May & August every year
Part-Time: 640 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Maximum of 10 years to complete the BComm. However, it is strongly advised to finish within 7 years.
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
The minimum entry requirements are:
- Relevant PSB Academy Diploma OR
- Relevant Polytechnic Diploma OR
- 3 GCE 'A' Level (H2) subjects OR
- 2 'A' Level (H2) subjects and 2 'A' Level (H1) subjects
Relevant Polytechnic Diploma holders may be eligible for further advanced standing/exemptions. Applicants with non-relevant Diplomas, or non-related qualifications, may also apply, but all applications will be assessed by the University on a case-by-case basis. The final decision rests with the University.
Total programme fee: S$25,423.20* - S$38,134.80*
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.