Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching) (PT)
The Diploma in Sport and Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching) is targeted at sport science and coaching practitioners who are focused on skill development and high-performance sports. Students pursuing this programme can expect to be adequately and rigorously trained in functional anatomy, nutrition, psychology, sport coaching, and analysis of skills, among other modules. Students will also be equipped to be industry ready and relevant through a rigorous programme aimed at imparting practical knowledge on sport and exercise sciences, personal training and the management of lifestyle and weight.
- To provide students with core knowledge on subjects related to sports and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, physiology, and strength and conditioning;
- To apply the above knowledge toward developing skills in the principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- To equip students with hands on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects;
- To prepare students for the award of the qualification of the Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching) / Specialist Diploma in Sport & Exercise Sciences (Sport Coaching)
Sport Coaches who wish to:
- Acquire adequate knowledge pertaining to the sport, exercise and leisure industry
- Acquire practical and theoretical knowledge in sport and exercise sciences
- Acquire competency in Principles of Coaching and Analysis of Skills
At the end of this programme, students will be able to:
- Understand the core knowledge on subjects related to sport and exercise sciences such as nutrition, psychology, functional anatomy, and strength and conditioning
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in personal training and lifestyle/weight management
- Apply the above knowledge towards developing skills in principles of coaching and analysis of skills
- Be equipped with valuable hands-on and industry-related experience through quality supervision and applied projects.
The programme is delivered over 12 months.
This programme consists of 8 modules amounting to 240 contact hours.
Assessment and Examination
At the commencement of each module, students will be provided the assessment mode and weightings for the module. Most modules have several points of assessment, which may include assignments, tests, projects and final examinations. Students learn through a combination of lectures, tutorials, case studies, discussions, role-plays, quizzes and hands-on practice sessions.
- Professional Studies
- Functional Anatomy
- Sport and Exercise Nutrition
- Principles of Weight Training
- Sport and Exercise Psychology
- Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- Sport Coaching
- Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise
The delivery of modules may not follow the sequence as shown and is subject to change.
Part-time: January, April, July, October
Part-Time: 240 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
Part-Time: 24 months
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
- 5 GCE N-Level passes or equivalent, including English
- 3 GCE O-Level passes or equivalent, with at least a Grade 7 in English;
- NITEC / Higher NITEC
Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may also apply, but will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Total Programme Fee (Part-time Pathway): S$6,163.20*
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fee excludes textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.