Bachelor of Science Sport and Exercise Science (PT)
Edinburgh Napier University
The programme explores the science used to help the body perform to its full potential. It offers more than most sports science degrees because you learn about science purely in its relationship to exercise and sport. Study physiology, biomechanics, and sports psychology but also take a very practical approach to the application of science to sport.
Students will learn how to carry out a wide range of procedures and use equipment involved in exercise physiology, biomechanics, sports psychology, injury rehabilitation and coaching.
The practical nature of this programme also encourages the development of skills necessary for all graduates to perform efficiently in the work environment.
- 5 Stars in Teaching, Employability and Internationalisation (QS Stars, 2016)
- 92% Research Internationally Recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
The Business School
We are a modern, global and dynamic business school home to students, staff and researchers inspired by the world around them to provide creative, sustainable solutions to economic challenges and the needs of society.
- 3 Palmes of Excellence - Excellent Business School with Reinforcing International Influence (Eduniversal Business Schools Ranking 2016)
- Top 9 UK University for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism (Guardian University Guide 2017)
- No 1 in Scotland for Hospitality, Event Management & Tourism (Guardian University Guide 2017)
School of Applied Sciences
From career guidance to sports performance, biomedical science to ecotourism, research into human life, human behaviour and our understanding of the environment is at the centre of the School of Applied Sciences.
- Top 50 UK University for Sports Science (Guardian University Guide 2017)
This programme can be completed in 24 months.
|Edinburgh Napier University Degree Programme|
Depending on their qualification, students might be required to take up to 3 of the following bridging modules:
- The Research Process in Sport and Exercise
- Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise
- Physiology of Sport and Exercise
- Functional Anatomy
Part-time: February, June and October
Part-Time: 320 hours (average)
Maximum Candidature Period
There is no formal maximum period in which a student must complete their programme of study. But there is flexibility within our regulations to extend the period of study based upon each students individual requirements - our regulations allow students to suspend their study for up to 2 academic years in exceptional circumstances.
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within PSB Academy campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
The minimum admission requirements are:
- PSB Academy's Diploma in Sport & Exercise Science
- Diploma from a recognised institution in a related discipline (e.g. sports coaching, sport and exercise science), or equivalent
- Entry to Level 8 (Year 2) with a non-related Diploma from a recognised institution may be granted on a case-by-case basis
- Entry to Level 9 (Year 3) may be granted with a local polytechnic diploma, advanced diploma or equivalent from a recognised institution in a related discipline on the basis of prior gained credit and possession of the prerequisite knowledge required to succeed in the programme.
English Proficiency Level
- GCE O-Level English (Grade 1 to 6) or equivalent; or
- IELTS score of 6, with no element less than 5.5; or
- PSB Academy's Certificate in English Proficiency (Advanced)
Bridging module Fees
|The Research Process in Sport and Exercise||S$1,926*|
|Biomechanics of Sport and Exercise||S$642*|
|Physiology of Sport and Exercise||S$642*|
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
* All fees inclusive of 7% GST and may be subject to change annually
* Programme fees include laboratory fees where applicable
* Programme fees exclude textbooks
* Click here to view other charges for students
Financial Aid / Available Grants
Please click here to view financial aid and available grants.
How to Apply
Please click here to view application procedures.