Master of Business Administration
The University of Nottingham
The Nottingham MBA is as much of a personal journey as it is an academic one.
It will give you a completely new career perspective transforming your employment opportunities and your life. Whether your decision to study an MBA is driven by a desire to progress your career, set up your own business or for personal development, the Nottingham MBA is for you.
You will be invigorated and empowered to do something bold and ambitious with your career after completing the Nottingham MBA. Whatever your goal and ambition, we’ll help you achieve it.
The Singapore MBA programmes are specially structured for today’s aspiring managers with the potential for senior positions and with the ability to take on the emerging knowledge-based economy. Our MBA courses are taught by Nottingham faculty in short intensive blocks in Singapore.
MBA course members in the UK and Malaysia can choose to take modules in Singapore. Similarly, Singapore MBA students may take up to two modules in either the UK or Malaysia without additional programme fees.
Nottingham also regularly organises international business study tours for MBA students. These study tours are optional at an additional fee.
Our University Standing
- Top 60 in the World for Graduate Employability (QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2017)
- Top 75 University in the World (QS World University Rankings 2016/2017)
- Founding Member of the Russell Group of Research-Intensive UK Universities; and Universitas 21
- University of the Year for Graduate Employment (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016)
- 2nd University Most-Often Targeted by Britain’s Top Graduate Employers (The Graduate Market in 2016, High Fliers Research)
- Ranked 8th in the UK for Research Power (Research Excellence Framework 2014)
- First British University to set up a campus both outside of the UK and in Malaysia in 2000, earning The University of Nottingham the Queen’s Award for Enterprise 2001 and the Queen’s Award for Industry (International Trade) 2006 for The University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus
- The University of Nottingham Ningbo China opened in 2004 – one of the first of its kind to do so in China
- All our degrees are taught in English and all students graduate with the same degree and the same certificate, regardless of which campus they study at
Business School Standing
- International accreditation of the Nottingham MBA programmes by AMBA and EQUIS
- Top 24 Business School in the UK, Ireland & Nordic Countries (QS Global 200 Business Schools Report 2017)
- Global Top 12 MBA for Responsible Business Education (Corporate Knights Better World MBA Ranking 2016)
- Among Global Top 100 Universities in Economics & Econometrics, and Business & Management Studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2017)
- MBA Programmes Globally Delivered across the UK, Singapore and Malaysia
- Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME) Champion
- More than 15 Years MBA Delivery Experience in Singapore, with 400 Singapore MBA Graduates
The minimum required duration to complete this course is 2 years.
The University of Nottingham MBA is designed to suit your needs, because we appreciate that your MBA has to be carefully planned to fit in with your work commitments and lifestyle. The programme follows a module structure. Each module is taught in an intensive one week block:
Saturday & Sunday : 9.00am to 5.30pm
Monday to Thursday : 7.00pm to 10.00pm
This programme consists of 12 modules and a management project. All modules are fully taught by Nottingham University faculty. In addition, an extensive online support is available to fully support student's learning. Students can complete one module in approximately 4 weeks.
Assessment and Examination
Modules are normally assessed by an examination, together with an individual or group assignment. The MBA programme is subjected to continuous quality control and rigorous review by external examiners from other Business Schools, who assess the quality of examination papers, examination scripts and management projects.
Elective Modules (Choose 4)
Note: The above modules are subject to changes.
The core subjects ensure that you study essential areas of management and finance, whilst the electives and management project allows you to build on these fundamental areas and tailor-make your own version of The Nottingham MBA.
March 2017 - Strategic Management
July 2017 - Managing People
August 2017 - Business Economics
* For information on further intakes, please contact our programme consultants.
Part-Time: 324 hours
Maximum Candidature Period
The maximum study period after initial registration for taught master (e.g. MBA) is 6 years.
Lectures, tutorials and project assignments will be conducted within our City Campus.
Some modules may be delivered by our university partners’ teaching staff in an intensive block mode.
Minimum Number of Students Before a Class Commences
Minimum 25 students are required before commencement of classes.
Local Student Admission
The minimum entry requirements are:
- Applicants must normally be graduates of an approved University holding a good Honours degree or a relevant professional qualification considered equivalent to a first degree; and
- Candidates are expected to have three or more years of full-time work experience, the majority of which would normally have been gained since graduating from their degree; and
- Two references should be enclosed with your application. It is preferred that one reference is from an academic (i.e. the applicant's university alma mater) or training source (i.e. your company training or personnel officer). The second reference is from an employer or business contact; and
- As part of the minimum English Language requirements, applicants are required to have either a GCE O-Levels in English Language at Grade C or above, or a first degree awarded by an approved country in UK, Australia, USA or Canada.
- Applicants whose first language is not English, and who do not have a degree from a UK University or the above listed English speaking institutions, will be required to produce evidence of their competence in English either through:
- An International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score of at least 7.0, with a minimum score of at least 6.0 in each of the four individual elements of the test
- A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of at least 600 with a Test of Written English (TWE) score of at least 4.5, or computerised test equivalent of 250 with a TWE of 4.5, together with a Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) of at least 600 with an Analytical Writing Assessment (AWA) score of at least 5.0.
Total programme fees: S$32,742.00*
Singaporean/PR graduates of PSB Academy are entitled fee rebates for subsequent programmes. Please contact our Programme Consultant for more information.
*All fees inclusive of 7% GST and fee protection scheme and may be subject to change annually
*Programme fee excludes textbooks
*Click here to view other charges for students
How to Apply
Completed application form should be submitted to PSB Academy accompanied by:
- Academic transcripts and certificates (certified true copy by PSB Academy authorised staff)
- Curriculum vitae / résumé detailing management roles and responsibilities
- A copy of NRIC/FIN
- A copy of passport (if non-Singaporean)
- Passport photo (hardcopy or softcopy)
- A non-refundable and non-transferable application fee of S$107 (inclusive of 7% GST) by the following avenues:
- City Campus (Cheque, NETS, Debit and Credit Card)
- Post (Cheque - please indicate payee as “PSB ACADEMY PTE LTD”)
- Internet Banking
Please note that an incomplete application will delay the processing duration. All completed applications may be submitted via post, email or in person:
PSB Academy City Campus
#03-200, Marina Square
6 Raffles Boulevard
If you require assistance, please speak with our Programme Consultants:
DID: +65 6390 9050
Whatsapp: +65 9619 4749
DID: +65 6390 9056
Whatsapp: +65 9824 3854